Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Swiss must find Americans weak and laughable

Yesterday I found myself watching Rick Steve's Christmas Special.  I watched while Rick and his family went with a Swiss family to go find a Christmas Tree.

The two families took a hike out to the forest and chopped down a tree.  They then put the tree on the sled and hauled it back home...and no the sled was not motorized.

Laughably, I've heard American's claim they need giant gas guzzling pick ups and SUVs for such tasks. Then, I've seen them try to pull the "I'm tough" look at my gas guzzler.  That's when I want to hand them a sled and an ax and see how far they make it-my guess is most won't make it too far.  But perhaps if they got out of their gas guzzler more often and tried walking or cycling they would fair better.  

Rick Steve's is right...we have a lot to learn from Europeans.  It just amazes me that the concept of a sled and an ax instead of a gas guzzler is so challenging for so many Americans.


                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the deal with J Street (IMHO)

 IMHO, J street is just another form of Zionism, that uses a different tactic that appeals to a more liberal/left wing audience.    In my op...