Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Update to Are Montgomery County Police Unfairly Targeting Pedestrians

I wanted to do an update on this story for which I now have data.  That being said the data does not change my mind about my initial statement that Montgomery County Police are unfairly targeting pedestrians.  I still believe pedestrians are being unfairly targeted.  In fact, if anything the data points in the direction of pedestrians being unfairly targeted.

If there is anything positive to say I do appreciate Montgomery County Police getting back to me and in good news during February 2015 there have been 91 citations issued to jaydrivers.

But this number is less than the number of citations issued to pedestrians in February 2015 which was 102.  \

This makes even less sense as even according to the data they sent only in 40 to 45 percent of cases is the pedestrian believed to be at fault.  This number in itself is likely inflated as we live in a "blame the pedestrian" culture.

Beyond this, pedestrians are not a danger to drivers, drivers are a danger to pedestrians.  Going after pedestrians, who often violate the law for their own safety even drivers are not properly held accountable, is clearly unfairly targeting pedestrians.                            
                           
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the deal with J Street (IMHO)

 IMHO, J street is just another form of Zionism, that uses a different tactic that appeals to a more liberal/left wing audience.    In my op...