Sunday, May 5, 2019

We tried most of the menu at Earth Burger!

We visited Mall of America again this year and got to have the excitement of Earth Burger now being open.   As we had previously, tried much of the other vegan food at the non vegan restaurants at Mall of America we decided this time to stick with Earth Burger and go through the menu trying almost everything! 

Here is how we ranked it from our favorite to least favorite!

Fishless Sandwich-I was very pleasantly surprised with this one.   I generally am not a big fan of vegan fish.   My omni-husband also loved it and even said it tasted like the real thing.   The sauce is amazing.   It is coated in breading and sauce so probably not the healthiest option, but what a tasty treat! 

Coconut Soft Serve- This was also delicious and amazing.   It actually tasted better than I remember non-vegan ice cream ever tasting.    Omni husband was also a huge fan! 

Earth Shake-Another amazing treat.   Very very tasty.   Probably not healthy though. 

Fries- Tasty fries with a classic feel. 

Southwest Veggie Bowl-Unlike the options above which are probably not that healthy, this option is actually quite healthy.   I don't know how healthy the dressing is but it was very tasty.   The salad itself had a lot of tasty mostly healthy items that complimented the more healthy items. 

BBQ Pulled Jackfruit- I have heard a lot about jackfruit recently, but had yet to try it.  As prepared by Earth Burger it was actually quite good and the sauce was good. 

Roasted Quinoa Burger-I also liked this burger.   It wasn't really an imitation meat burger.   It is more of a classic veggie burger featuring healthier items. 

Spicy "Chicken" Sandwich (vegan imitation chicken)- I also thought the spicy "chicken" sandwich was good. 


Earth Burger- Although the signature burger, I actually thought it was just okay.   This is more of a imitation meat burger versus the quinoa burger which is more of a classic veggie burger. 

Plant Protein Bowl-This was also just okay.   On a positive note however it does seem healthy.  That being said I'm not really into the whole promoting the "protein myth". 

Grilled Chik-n Protein Wrap-This was also okay.   But I feel like I probably could have easily made something like this at home and it would be about the same.   Did also seem somewhat healthy, although I feel like the salads are probably healthier. 

Kids Menu

First I will actually say, I found it exciting that they did have a kids menu.  How exciting for kids, when so many restaurants don't have any vegan options on the kids menu to have a completely vegan kids menu.   So here it is from a kids perspective (with my assistance with writing it up): 

Earth Burger-This was actually the kid favorite and was actually more popular from a kid perspective than an adult perspective and got well eaten.

Chick-N-Tenders-These were decent/okay.   Reminded me of the freezer ones kids like. 

Grilled "Cheese"-Honestly, this was the one thing that nobody liked.   We just weren't a fan of the cheese. 

Will also mention these can come with fries or apple slices, along with a drink.   The fries were a real hit and very kid popular.   Although the apple slices were also popular too. 

Will also note that Earth Burger has kosher certification. 




Rachelle Kaufman is the author of the Kaufman Green Guides Series, plus several other books including Now I Know My European Language Colors and An American Jew in Budapest.  

                                  
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the deal with J Street (IMHO)

 IMHO, J street is just another form of Zionism, that uses a different tactic that appeals to a more liberal/left wing audience.    In my op...