Monday, December 22, 2014

The Anti-Climactic (and Climatic) End to the Amazing Race

Luckily I decided to go to a party on the night of the Amazing Race Finale despite wanting to see the finale. The party was fun and I stayed much later than I planned to. When I went to watch the Amazing Race Finale the next day it was not fun and I left much earlier than planned. As in about 40+ minutes early.

 It seemed like throughout the season the Amazing Race was going to try to be more eco-friendly or at least pretend to be. Granted it would be more eco-friendly, not to mention safer, to have the contestants use public transit, walking, or cycling instead of encouraging taxis to speed to their destinations and having contestants driving in a sleep deprived state. Not to mention watching teams try to navigate public transit systems would be a lot more exciting and interesting.

 But the finale just proved completely stupid. The teams had a non-exciting flight with all teams on the flight from Manila to Los Angeles. Okay not exciting, but then the whole show just went downhill when in LA the teams picked up a stupid useless SUV to drive around in for the final leg.

 Now I'm not sure if the Amazing Race just picks people who are dumb or if the contestants are scripted to say certain things but listening to them say how great the cheaply made clunk oversized Ford SUV was, was just stupid and annoying. Before I knew it I wasn't watching a fun show, I was watching an ad for a stupid useless, not to mention dangerous vehicle. And Maya and the female dentist saying it just proves an education doesn't make you smart (which I hate to admit because I have a Masters degree).

 Not to mention it is completely reckless to have sleep deprived racers, racing around in dangerous SUVs with no regards to the safety of those the racers are sharing the roads with.

 I'm not bidding a fond farewell to this season of the Amazing Race, I'm just bidding a fond farewell to the Amazing Race being a decent show and probably one which I won't watch the next season of.                                                  
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the deal with J Street (IMHO)

 IMHO, J street is just another form of Zionism, that uses a different tactic that appeals to a more liberal/left wing audience.    In my op...