Friday, July 31, 2015

Book Review: DIY Household Green Cleaning

I've decided to put to use my love of reading by reviewing the books I read (for better or for worse).

Today I review: DIY Household Green Cleaning by Sonia Cherry

                                                               

Rating: 2 out of 10.

Pros: The book offers some information about chemicals and products to avoid.  It was free.

Cons: Very short.  Little useful information on what one should actually do.  I don't feel like it delivered on what it promised: A DIY household green cleaning solution.

If I had spent money on this book, I would have to say I would have felt Green-washed.  First, this book is even shorter than it seems.  I started reading it when I took my economy class seat and was done reading it by the time the plane started to taxi for take-off.  The real writing actually started on my kindle at 18 percent and ended at 69 percent.

Given there wasn't much in this book, I don't have much to say about it.  Only, that perhaps while it was nice to know some of the products to avoid, what I really wanted to know was how to clean effectively with natural products.  A few products were listed: vinegar, baking soda, boric acid and tea tree oil; but I think most people already know about these.  I'd also mention that while boric acid is natural I don't recommend using it.  Boric acid is a poison; it will kill insects (which is not something I want to happen) and can make you and your pets sick if ingested or not used correctly.

Anyways I don't think this book is worth 99 cents, let alone 2.99.    

                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the deal with J Street (IMHO)

 IMHO, J street is just another form of Zionism, that uses a different tactic that appeals to a more liberal/left wing audience.    In my op...