Sunday, May 10, 2015

Book Review: Travel by Scott Kiok

 I've decided to put to use my love of reading by reviewing the books I read (for better or for worse).

                                                                 

Today I review: Travel by Scott Kiok.  With the rather long sub-tittle How to Travel around The World-How to Travel on a Budget, See the World in 5 Years or Less: (Travel, Travel Ideas, Travel tips, Travel on a Budget, Travel the World, Cheap Flights.

Rating: 2 out of 10

Pros: There are a few pieces of advice in the book.

Cons: Bad advice.  Certainly not enough information in this 16 page book to help you see the world.  Much of the advice is just common sense when it is good or when it isn't bad advice.  Sadly, even with 16 pages author finds the room to encourage the eating of meat.  

So do I now have a plan of how I'm going to see the whole wide world in 5 years?  Nope, nor am I any closer than I was before I opened up this 16 page book.

The book isn't completely worthless, but certainly isn't worth paying anything for.  I'll basically say this: the subtitle is a reflection of the quality of writing in the book, but not the content.

One nice feature is there is some random information on a few random countries.

Honestly, though I wish authors would stop writing these super short books that claim to cover these super broad topics.  If you are going to write a short book pick a very narrow topic.

                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the deal with J Street (IMHO)

 IMHO, J street is just another form of Zionism, that uses a different tactic that appeals to a more liberal/left wing audience.    In my op...