Sunday, May 31, 2015

Do some places not allow back packs in Dublin?

The question came up "Are there places I can't bring a back pack in Dublin?"

The answer is yes.  A number of attractions do restrict you from carrying a back pack.  However, almost all of these attractions do provide somewhere you can keep your back pack, be it a locker or coat/bag room.  Some of the attractions that do not allow back packs include Dublin Castle, Chester Beatty Library (which is technically part of Dublin Castle) and the National Gallery of Ireland.

On a related note I was watching an episode of Rick Steves, where he talked about slipping his backpack under his arm like a purse so he could carry it around with him.  I don't know if in practice this works, but I thought I would just throw this out there.

One more related note.  While Dublin is relatively low in crime, I don't advise keeping valuables in a
backpack worn on your back.  Too easy for pick pockets.

                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the deal with J Street (IMHO)

 IMHO, J street is just another form of Zionism, that uses a different tactic that appeals to a more liberal/left wing audience.    In my op...