Friday, May 15, 2015

Book Review: How to Succeed in Europe Without Really Trying

I've decided to put to use my love of reading by reviewing the books I read (for better or for worse).

Today we review: How to Succeed in Europe Without Really Trying Chic and Luxurious Travel Living for Just $75 a Day by Katarina Green.


Rating: 3 out of 10

Pros: Well written and edited.  Some people of a personality type different than mine might enjoy the writing style.  Encourages the use of public transportation.   

Cons: I disagree with most of the money saving tips.  Mainly states things that are common sense.  Little actual research.  Didn't feel like I gained any new way to save money on travel, that I didn't already know about.  Questionable five star reviews on amazon that don't seem to have anything do with the content of the book.  

While some people might like this book or find it useful I didn't.  If you don't have good common sense and need someone to tell you the obvious and give you there opinions (many of which I disagree with) then this might be the book for you.  Perhaps the writing in this book would also be enjoyed by dreamers who like feel good writing, even if it has little solid useful information.  

There is so much in this book I don't agree with.  But probably each topic could be a blog post in itself. Perhaps even a book.   Some of the information is just incorrect.  You can easily now days find flights to Europe for under 800 dollars despite what the author claims.  

There is also little information on any one country.  I find things in Europe vary greatly country to country.   So to me the book doesn't really work.  


                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the deal with J Street (IMHO)

 IMHO, J street is just another form of Zionism, that uses a different tactic that appeals to a more liberal/left wing audience.    In my op...